BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By paying the deposit or full balance requested for the letting of one of our properties you acknowledge that all members of the party will agree with the terms and conditions outlined below. The contract is made under Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and gives you the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. Scottish Law applies to all contractual obligations arising from these booking conditions.
The accuracy of all information given is correct at time of booking. The price quoted at time of booking is guaranteed not to increase. Please use the booking reference supplied on all correspondence and payments. Please point out if a cheque/bank transfer/paypal payment is in a different name to the person booking, if this is not intimated we will bear no responsibility for wrong property/date booked.
The Owner is not liable for any damage or loss of possessions that may occur whilst staying at the property, it is advisable that the proper insurance is sought. While there is parking provided at each property the owner accepts no liability for any damage that may arise to any vehicle during the Hirers stay. Occasionally there may be interruptions in the utilities services to the properties, if such should occur we will try to rectify the problem in a reasonable timescale if within our control. Should the problem be at the control of the utility company the owner will have no liability whatsoever.
1) The keys will be available from 5p.m. on the day of your arrival until 10 a.m. on the day of your departure, unless otherwise agreed. Arrival later than 7pm must be communicated to Dorothy Morrison by email in the first instance then by text to mobile number 07786 081320 or 01478640324
2) The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry and terminate the agreement to anyone who in the Owner’s opinion is not suitable to take charge of the property. The Owner expects that the hirer will be present during the full hire period unless notified otherwise.
Occupying the property
1) The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the amount advertised for each property.
2) The property or outbuildings must not be sub-let.
3) You must keep the property and all contents in a clean and tidy condition (fair wear and tear excepted). You will be liable to the owner for reasonable costs of repair for any damage to the property or its contents that result from deliberate or negligent omissions or acts.
4) The property must be left clean and tidy at the end of the let; the owner reserves the right to issue an invoice for any extra cleaning to be undertaken. Photos will be taken if any disarray is found.
Smoking is not permitted in the property. This rule must be observed by all party members always. The Owner reserves the right to charge for additional cleaning costs or alternate accommodation for the next guests due if this rule is not observed. Cigarette ends are not to be disposed of on the property.
Pets of any kind are not allowed in the property.
A deposit will be required to secure the booking. The remaining balance is due six weeks before arrival. If you book less than six weeks before the start of your holiday the full amount is due on booking. Please point out if a name other than the person booking the property will be paying for the rent, this is to stop the wrong property or date being allocated the payment. Please note for International Bank Transfers charges may apply, we will inform you on or prior to arrival of the balance due for such charges. Payment in cash will be requested.
Please note that no Holiday Insurance is included in the rental and it would be advisable to arrange this Please let us know if you need to cancel your booking. The deposit is non-refundable. For cancellations made between eight and four weeks prior to the arrival date, 60% of the booking rate charged will be forfeit. For cancellations made between four weeks and one week prior to the arrival date, 80% of the booking rate charged will be forfeit. For cancellations made one week or less prior to the arrival date, 100% of the booking rate charged will be forfeit. As we are unable to judge reasons for cancellation we respectfully remind you that a booking constitutes a legal agreement and therefore recommend that you take out an appropriate holiday insurance policy.
If we need to cancel or amend the booking. We would not expect to have to make any changed to your booking however if circumstances outside our control e.g. fire, drought, adverse weather, interruption of utilities supplies or damage by previous occupants prevent us from putting the property booked by the hirer at their disposal we reserve the right to offer a substitute property where possible. If this occurs we will attempt to contact the hirer prior to arrival to discuss the options available, if a mutually agreeable solution is not found the hire charge shall be refunded and the hirer shall have no further claim against the owner.
Any queries or complaints arising when you arrive at the property or during your stay (regarding maintenance and facilities) should be addressed by contacting Dorothy Morrison. No guarantee can be given the Owner will be able to remedy any defects or answer any queries you may have but they will endeavour to assist you. If complaint arises after the let finishes that the owner, had they been informed, would have been able to rectify recompense will not be offered.